Banana is a very popular healthy snack for people who want to increase their energy, because it is packed full of nutrition and health benefits. Banana contains three natural sugars, which are glucose, sucrose and fructose. When these sugars are mixed together, they have great energy potential.
According to researchers, eating just two bananas can provide enough energy for an intense 90 minute workout. Bananas are free of sodium and cholesterol, full of vitamins, fibers and minerals. Bananas are great for quick energy boost because the carbohydrates in them are easy to digest.
Bananas are not just great for energy but also for your health. Adding bananas to your diet can reduce or prevent substantial number of illnesses such as:
- Anemia: Bananas are high in iron and helps stimulate the production of hemoglobin.
- High Blood Pressure: This tropical fruit is high in potassium, a mineral that is known to reduce high blood pressure and stroke.
- Constipation: Bananas are high in fiber, a mineral that helps restore normal bowel by allowing better absorption of water in the large intestine.
- Depression: Bananas contain trypotophan which is a protein the body uses to make serotonin. Serotonin is used by the body to control moods.
- Heartburn: This fruit is known for soothing heartburn due to its natural antacid effect.
- Mosquito Bites: The inside layer of a banana skin is known to reduce the swelling and irritation of mosquito bites. Instead of using insect bite cream, try using banana skin next time you get a mosquito bite.
- Ulcers: If you have chronic ulcer, eating a banana can help sooth the stomach by neutralizing stomach acid and can also reduce irritation by coating the lining of the stomach.
- Strokes: According to a research in The New England Journal Of Medicine eating bananas regularly can cut the risk of death from strokes by as much as 40 percent.
Category: Nutrition and Supplements