Cereal grains are one of the main sources of energy for many people world wide because they are cheap to produce and easy for long-term storage. Cereal grains are full of nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, protein and complex carbohydrates. Cereal grains are great sources of high-quality complex carbohydrates which is why they are the number one food choices for energy and stamina. When consuming cereal grains, avoid the ones that are processed. These type of cereal grains are stripped of nutrients which is not good for energy and stamina. Below is six of the most important cereal grain for energy and stamina.
Cereal grains and benefits
- Rice: Great source of energy, protein, fiber and B-vitamins. A versatile food that is cheap and easy to feed an entire family. The great thing about rice is that it fills you up quick and gives you energy and stamina. Make sure you eat the unprocessed rice (brown rice) because it is healthier.
- Maize (also known as corn): Rich in starch, carbohydrates and protein. Maize has about 125 calories per 100 grams. Maize is sometime known as the alternative energy grain because it is used as an alternative fuel for energy.
- Oats: Great for energy and stamina because it contains high levels of protein, iron, soluble fiber, B-vitamins, and is a good source of calcium and potassium. Eating whole oats regularly may help reduce the risk of coronary heart disease because it helps lower blood cholesterol. Oats also may help treat depression, nervous disorder, and anxiety because it has the ability to soothe tired nerves.
- Buckwheat: Great alternative to rice because of its reputation for being “warming and drying.” One of the best times to eat this cereal grain for boosting energy is during the winter. Buckwheat is rich in flavonoids which acts like antioxidants to help protect your body against free radicals and diseases. Eating buckwheat on a regular basis helps maintain blood flow and may reduce the risk of future heart diseases.
- Quinoa and Amaranth: These two cereal grains are the most nutritious of all grains. Quinoa and Amaranth are rich in protein and minerals, which is why they are used to mix with other foods to boost energy.
- Wheat: Can be argued as the most important cereal crop in the world because it accounts for more than 25 percent of the world’s cereal production. Make sure to eat whole wheat instead of refined wheat because it has more nutrients.
Tip the Author with Bitcoin
Category: Increase Energy