Yoga is a mental and physical exercise that involves stretches, poses, postures, breathing and meditation to help maintain balance in your body. Practicing yoga on a regular basis can increase strength, flexibility and energy.
There are many different paths to Yoga. Below are the four main ones.
- Bhakti Yoga: Generally the easiest of the four and is the practice of loving devotion to God.
- Karma Yoga: Is the practice of action, performing duties in an unselfish way.
- Jnana Yoga: Is the practice of knowledge or Yoga of knowledge.
- Raja Yoga: The practice of mastering the mind and body using meditation to achieve liberation. Rajo Yoga is also known as the “royal road.”
In the west, Hatha Yoga (a sub-type level of Raja Yoga) is widely practiced to increase energy and relax the mind. The four main elements for Hatha Yoga are posture (asana), meditation (dhyana), breathing (pranayama) and cleansing (shatkarmas).
Hatha Yoga benefits:
- Asanas (posture): It increases flexibility, tone muscles and bones, and strengthen organs and nervous system.
- Pranayama (breathing): It calms the mind and rejuvenates the body.
- Dhyana (meditation): It increases the mind’s ability to focus and concentrate.
- Shatkarmas (cleansing): It helps release toxins out of the body. It is very powerful and should be practice with a professional yoga teacher.
Doing yoga exercises on a regular basis can vastly increase your mind and body’s energy by removing harmful toxins, strengthening muscles and bones, and helping release untapped energy.
Category: Increasing Energy