5 hour energy is a dietary supplement drink designed to boost your energy quickly and conveniently. This supplement drink is distributed by Living Essentials which is located in Novi, Michigan, United States. In spite of its small size, 5 Hour Energy Berry packs a tremendous amount of energy, it will wake you up! After drinking this energy supplement drink, I felt a caffeine-energy-rush that peaked for about 30 minutes. The energy was noticeable up to two hours. This energy supplement drink gave me minor side effects, such as headaches and stomachaches. The side effects was nothing major and it didn’t bother me much. I suggest drinking 5 Hour Energy Berry on a semi-full stomach to reduce the minor side effects.
The most noticeable flavor from 5 Hour Energy Berry was sweet-berry-citrus. The flavor of its light-pink energy juice was sour at first, then overwhelmed by a sweet-berry medicine like taste. Its sweet-berry flavor had a burning sensational feeling that reminded me of liquor. Its energy juice also had a strong smell similar to children cough medicine.
If you have never drank 5 Hour Energy Berry before, I recommend drinking half of the bottle until you get use to it and don’t drink it on a regular basis. 5 Hour Energy Berry is very high in synthetic vitamins, caffeine and energy blends. Worst of all, it contains sucralose which is an artificial sweetener that has been known to have toxic side effects. Because of these synthetic ingredients, I urge people to drink this energy shot with care.
- Energy kicks in quick and very strong
- Convenient to carry around
- Low in calories
- Energy kicks in strong but disappears quickly
- Has a medicine-like taste and is too sweet
- Smells like children cough medicine
- Contains a lot of synthetic B-vitamins and caffeine
- Contains artificial sweetener
- May cause stomachaches and headaches
- A little on the expensive side
5 Hour Energy Berry Supplement Facts (serving size – 2 fl. oz.)
- Calories: 4
- Niacin: 30 mg – 150% DV
- Vitamin B6: 40 mg – 2000% DV
- Folic Acid: 400 mcg – 100% DV
- Vitamin B12: 500 mcg – 8333% DV
- Sodium: 10 mg – <1% DV
- Caffeine: about the same as a cup of coffee (80 mg of caffeine on average)