Image provided by Ged Carroll
The philosophy of chakra originated in India over four thousand years ago. It is believed to be energy centers located at the line of symmetry in the human body. Chakra moves similar to hurricanes. They spin in a circular motion and supply energy to the body. There are believed to be seven main chakras. The first one is located at the base of the spine and the seventh one is located near the top of the skull. The rest are located in-between at the center of the body. Each chakra has its own color and vibrates at different frequency.
Practitioners believed that when the chakras are not vibrating or spinning properly our spiritual energy suffers. If our chakras are out of balance for certain amount of time, physical symptoms may show up as an early warning. They also believed that the experiences we go through in life are encoded in the chakras similar to how memories are encoded in the brain. There are many things that can affect our chakras, one of the major ones is emotion. When you are angry and stressed out, your chakras become imbalance just like your emotions. Learning how to avoid these emotions will help keep your chakras balance.
Type of chakras:
- Chakra One (red): Located near the base of the spine and represents the element Earth. This chakra regulates our health, survival instinct and brings us prosperity.
- Chakra Two (orange): Located near the abdomen and represents the element water. This chakra is important for emotions, sexuality and identity, and helps us communicate to others through our emotions.
- Chakra Three (yellow): Located near the stomach and represent the element fire. This chakra represent power and energy, and controls our metabolism.
- Chakra Four (green): Located in the middle of the seven chakra near the heart. This chakra represent the element air and is important for social identity, love and compassion.
- Chakra Five (blue): Located near the throat and is important for creativity and communication.
- Chakra Six (indigo): Located between the eyebrows and represent the element light. This chakra is important for sight and opens our psychic faculties.
- Chakra Seven (purple): Located at the top of the head and represent our consciousness. This chakra gives us universal identity, wisdom and connect us to the spiritual realm.
Greater details about the chakra system can be found in my book Staradigm: A Blueprint for Spiritual Growth, Happiness, Success and Well-Being. To learn more about Staradigm or to purchase it, please visit my Amazon book page.
Category: Energy Healing