Venom Energy Drink Review

| Last updated on | Published on August 9, 2008 | 69 Replies

Venom Energy Black MambaVenom Energy Black Mamba – Retail Price: $2.39 per can (16.9 fl. oz.)
Available Size:
16.9 fl. oz. (500 ml)
Taste: 7/10
Price: 7/10
Energy Level: 8.5/10

Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. decided to join the energy drink battle by creating Venom Energy. The twist off aluminum can is filled with a yellow energy juice that is carbonated for extra flavor. The energy juice reminds me of beer because its color looks very similar to Bud Light after it is pour into a glass cup. The juice has a light raspberry-syrup smell and taste like sweet-citrus with a light-sour aftertaste. The sweet-citrus flavor of Venom Energy is very similar to the popular Red Bull energy drink. At room temperature, its sweet-syrup flavor is more noticeable. Avoid drinking it warm if you hate sweet drinks.

Venom Energy Black Mamba is powered by B-vitamins, caffeine, sugar, ginseng, taurine, glucuronolactone, L-carnitine and guarana. Venom did a great job mixing the energy blends together because the energy rush is intense. After drinking a few gulps of Venom Energy, I felt an intense energy-head-buzz that peaked for thirty minutes and lasted for over two hours. I was surprised that I didn’t experience any major side effects from its intense energy rush. If you have a sensitive stomach, you may experience stomachaches from drinking this energy drink. Venom Black Mamba is for people who wants a sweet-citrus energy drink that can kick them wide awake for hours.

I don’t recommend drinking Venom Black Mamba or any other energy drink on a regular basis. Venom Black Mamba is high in B-vitamins but if you look closer at its ingredients, many of them are synthetic. Most synthetic vitamins don’t work as well as natural vitamins and in high levels can be toxic to the body. Venom Energy also contains artificial sweetener and other unhealthy ingredients, please drink it in moderate levels.

The pros

• No major side effects
  • No bad aftertaste
  • Energy is better than average

The cons

• Energy dies down too quickly after the energy rush
  • May taste too sweet for some people
  • May experience minor side effects, such as increase heart and breathing rate, and minor stomachaches from the energy blends
  • Contains synthetic vitamins
  • Taste too similar to Red Bull

Venom Black Mamba Supplement Facts (serving size – 8 fl. oz.)

• Calories: 120
  • Total Carb: 29 g – 10%
  • Sugars: 28 g
  • Riboflavin: 1.7 mg – 100%
  • Niacin: 20 mg – 100%
  • Vitamin B6: 2 mg – 100%
  • Vitamin B12: 6mcg – 100%
  • Sodium: 120 mg – 5%
  • Protein: 1 g
  • Ginseng Extract: 200 mg

Percent daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet – servings per container: 2

Tip the Author with Bitcoin

Tags: , ,

Category: Uncategorized

1. TIMOTHY TERRY says:

I have been drinking the MANGO AND ITS AWSOME THE BEST DRINK FLAVOR NOW THE ONLY ONE I DRINK ONE EVERY MORNING INSTEAD OF COFFEE AND NOW I CANT LIVE WITHOUT IT ,NO MORE COFFEE OR SODA JUST VENOM WATER OR MILK AND THE ENERGY IS GREAT WITH NO SIDE EFECTS ,SOME OF THE OTHER PEOPLE WHO TRIED IT MUST BE ALERGICK TO SOME OF THE INGREDIENTS BUT I LOVE THE MANGO ONLY ONE ENERGY DRINK TO HAVE .

2. Luigi says:

This is still the best but very rare to find. I need to go the vending machine near a liquor store to get one.

3. Linda says:

Shortly after finishing it, I get extremely sleepy. But after about ten minutes it kicks in. It has a great taste &once i finish one I want another.

4. Kelsey says:

I have just discovered Venom Energy and I love it! I am a college student and only one vending machine sells it on the entire campus. Every time I have a class in that building I have to get one, they are so good and are very effective. My only complaint is that they are hard to find and it seems that they are very limited on what flavors they sell the most. I have only ever found the red one, I would like to try the others.

• Jeanette Harner says:

Go to your local grocery store and ask for the phone number to the Dr. Pepper Account Manager. You can contact that manager and let him know of the hight demand for the drink flavors and he will most likely try to make it easier to find , it will help his sales as well.

5. Issac says:

I love it it is my favorite energy drink

6. Bill Durham says:

I began drinking Venom Viper Mango 2 years ago after “No Fear”
    energy drink disappeared from retail sheleves. There were only
    5 stores I found within 30 miles that carried the Mango flavor, as it was almost always out, but the other flavors were avaliable.
    These stores discontinued last Spring, and I had a friend who runs a local retail store, order 2 cases every 2 weeks, even though he did not stock Venom. Now he states the distributor has discontinued Venom.
    I located 5 stores “Tank n Tummy” located 90 miles away, and now they have quit stocking.
    Dr. Pepper did not market their product correctly, and very few stores from NC to Florida stocked Venom. They sponsored an Indy Racecar,(Mario Andreidi) yet within 180 miles we have 4 Major NASCAR Race tracks, Charlotte, Rockingham, Martinsville, and Darlington. Yet with all those race car fans, Dr. Pepper had less than a dozen retail stores that stocked their Venom, within the entire area. I cannot understand how they wasted major advertising Dollars, when product was NOT avaliable for sale, In this area, 30% of men are NASCAR fans,
    and follow ALL raceing.