Choosing the best time to eat meals has many benefits. One of them is more energy. Skipping meals or eating meals on a random schedule can drain your body of energy. The meal schedule below is for people who have day schedules. Depending on your schedule, the hours may vary. For best results, eat organic food because it is not sprayed with harmful synthetic chemicals, such as pesticides. Plus, organic food is usually free of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and genetically modified ingredients.
1. Best time to eat breakfast: Around 8:00 A.M.
- You should eat breakfast within thirty minutes to an hour after waking up. Breakfast is very important for replenishing your blood sugar levels after 6-8 hours of sleep. This will help keep your blood sugar level balanced, giving you more energy endurance.
- Eat foods that are high in complex carbohydrates, such as oatmeal, nuts, whole grain cereal, brown rice, fruits and vegetables.
2. Best time to eat lunch: Around 12:00 P.M.
- You should eat lunch within 3-4 hours after breakfast. Skipping lunch will drain your body of energy. Lunch is the busiest time of the day, which is why it is important to eat during lunch so you will have enough energy to propel you through the busiest time of the day.
- Eat a meal balanced with protein, complex carbohydrates, good fats (unprocessed fat free of synthetic chemicals) and fiber. These essential nutrients are very powerful and will give you all the energy you need for the next four to five hours.
3. Best time to eat late afternoon snacks: Around 3:00 P.M.
- Late afternoon snack should not be as big as a regular meal but big enough to satisfy your hunger. Fruit salad, smoothies, nuts, healthy meal replacement bars, fruit yogurt and vegetable soup are great examples for late afternoon snacks. One of the best places to purchase healthy meal replacement bars, nuts and snacks is at this online store.
- Fruits and vegetables are full of essential vitamins and minerals, and are low in calories, making them great for weight loss. The bad thing about low calorie food is that it may not satisfy your hunger for long. However, this is a late afternoon snack so low calorie food is perfect for this situation.
4. Best time to eat dinner: Around 6:00 P.M.
- Dinner should be eaten within 2-3 hours after late afternoon snacks. Dinner food is similar to lunch food but not as extreme.
- Dinner food should be balanced with protein, complex carbohydrates and good fats. Brown rice, wheat bread, nuts and pasta are great examples. For meat, salmon and chicken breast (skinless) are good too. For desserts, eat fruits and vegetables to replenish your body with essential vitamins, minerals and fiber.
5. Best time to eat late night snack: Around 9:00 P.M. or an hour before bed
- Late night snacks should be low in calories and high in nutrients. Fresh fruits and vegetables, and low-fat yogurt are good examples of late night snacks. For drinks, avoid coffee and energy drinks, instead drink a glass of fresh filtered water or organic juice.
Eating five small meals a day is better than eating three big meals, because the smaller meals are easier to digest, and your blood sugar will stay more constant through out the day. This will help prevent fatigue, heartburn and spikes in blood sugar levels. Eating smaller meal is also great for weight management and energy endurance.
When choosing food for health, it is best to choose organic food instead of conventional food. Also, drink six to eight cups of fresh filtered water to prevent dehydration. A water purification system you should have is the Tyent TYgo portable water alkalizer. This water filter system is great for removing water contaminants. Plus, it alkalizes and remineralizes your drinking water, so that when you drink it, it increases your health and helps prevent acidic blood.
Category: Nutrition and Supplements