Meditation is a great way to reduce stress because it prevents distractions, and brings your body and mind to a finer state of equilibrium. Meditation can help you achieve happiness, peace, joy, bliss and help you tap into energies you never knew existed. The Humming-Bee Meditation is perfect for helping you achieve these feelings. It is a technique designed to help you achieve harmony and balance.
Humming-Bee Meditation Procedure:
- Find a comfortable place inside or outside and sit in the half lotus position. You can achieve the half lotus position by sitting down with your legs crossed and bring each foot up onto the opposite calf. For more details about the lotus position, watch the short video clip at the bottom of the page.
- Take a few deep breaths, close your eyes and relax your body.
- Use your left index fingers to plug your left ear and your right index finger to plug your right ear. You can also do this technique without plugging your ears.
- Imagine humming bees buzzing in your head, then breathe in.
- While breathing out make a constant humming noise, keep the humming at a low volume to avoid distraction.
- Repeat up to 10 times or more if you like.
Video clip: Lotus Pose