Image provided by Josh Larios
When reading food labels, many of us failed to read the ingredients list. The ingredients list is where you can find all the ingredients that were added to the food. This list is very important because it will tell you if a food contains unnatural and unhealthy ingredients. There are hundreds, maybe even thousands of unhealthy food ingredients on the market; therefore, it is almost impossible to remember them all. In general, if the ingredients listed on the food label have a bunch of scientific words that are hard to pronounce, it would be wise to avoid it. The ingredients are listed in order of dominance. The most prevalent ingredients are listed first and the least prevalent ingredients are listed last. The first few ingredients should never be sugar, high fructose and fructose. Below is a short list of some common ingredients you should avoid.
Food ingredients to avoid
- Artificial colorings or any food dye
- Aspartame (artificial sweetener)
- Calcium propionate
- Corn and soy by-products, including soy protein, soy flour, soy lecithin, corn meal, corn syrup, fructose, dextrose, maltodextrin, citric acid, and lactic acid. Note: Most corn grown in the US is genetically modified.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)
- Hydrogenated vegetable oils
- Hydrolyzed oat flour
- Hydrolyzed plant protein
- Hydrolyzed vegetable protein
- Lactic acid
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- Sodium caseinate
- Sodium nitrite
- Sucralose (artificial sweetener)
- Sugar (most form)
- Vegetable oils (corn, soybean, canola and cottonseed oil that are made in the US are usually genetically modified)
Donate to Help Make a DifferenceEnergyFanatics.com is a true independent blog because it is not financed and controlled by banksters. If you like reading the articles on this site, please take action now by clicking the "Donate" button below to send a donation to the author/editor. Your generous support will help fund his research and expenses, allowing him to continue his quest to educate and teach people to create a better world for everyone.
Category: Nutrition & Supplements