Image provided by Liliana
Ice cream is a treat that most of us love to eat, especially during the summer time. The addictiveness of ice cream is one of the reasons why it is bad for our health. If it weren’t so addictive, we wouldn’t have a problem of eating it in large quantities. Most ice creams found in convenience stores and grocery stores are full of harmful synthetic chemicals. It is amazing how many chemicals ice cream manufacturers will use to make their ice cream taste more addictive. Because ice cream is an addictive treat, most of us will have a hard time resisting it.
If you are going to eat ice cream on a regular basis, please eat in moderate levels or choose a healthier choice. I recommend buying organic ice cream instead of conventional ice cream. The bad thing about organic ice cream is the higher cost. Breyers ice cream is also a good choice. Even though Breyers Ice cream is healthier than most ice cream, it still contained unhealthy ingredients. The trick to maintaining a good health with ice cream is to eat in moderate levels, a few times a week or less is recommended. Ice cream is also high in calories. By cutting down on your ice cream intake, you are also reducing your risk of gaining weight.
Below are 7 of the most common harmful synthetic chemicals found in conventional ice cream.
- Acetiel C17: An aniline dye that is used in the manufacture of plastic, rubber and pharmaceuticals. Aniline is a colorless, oily and poisonous benzene derivative. It is popular as an additive for ice cream because it has a tasty cherry flavor.
- Amyl Acetate: A powerful paint solvent that is commonly used as artificial banana flavoring.
- Benzyl Acetate: A nitrate solvent that is widely used as artificial strawberry flavoring.
- Butyrlaldehyde: An ingredient that is popular in cement. It is used as an artificial nut flavoring in conventional ice cream.
- Diethylglycol: A chemical that has emulsifier properties. It is popular for replacing eggs. It is also found in antifreeze. Maybe this is why it has the word “die” as a part of its name!
- Ethyl Acetate: A chemical that is popular for cleaning leather. Its vapors are known to be harmful to the lung, liver and heart. It is common in conventional ice cream because it gives it a pineapple-like flavor.
- Pepernial: A chemical that is popular for killing lice. Pepernial is used in ice cream to mimic the vanilla flavor because it has a vanilla-like taste.
Before buying ice cream make sure you read the ingredients list. If it contains some of the 7 chemicals above, you may want buy a different one. You should also avoid ice creams that have gums, stabilizers, artificial flavors and strange fancy words that you can’t understand listed as ingredients.
Donate to Help Make a DifferenceEnergyFanatics.com is a true independent blog because it is not financed and controlled by banksters. If you like reading the articles on this site, please take action now by clicking the "Donate" button below to send a donation to the author/editor. Your generous support will help fund his research and expenses, allowing him to continue his quest to educate and teach people to create a better world for everyone.
Category: Processed Food & Drink