How to Feel and Sense Energy

| September 22, 2009 | 10 Replies

Energy Sphere

Flickr Commons: Image provided by Steve Jurvetson

Have you ever walked into a room full of people and felt cold, hot, uncomfortable, scared, nervous, sick or happy before acknowledging anyone? If you have experienced this, you are probably sensitive to the energies in your environment.

Your body has an energy field that looks like a torus. Some of us refer to it as an aura. Scientists know that the aura exists because it can be measured with advanced technology. Your aura is like an egg shaped magnetic antenna that is sensitive to people’s energies and the energies of the environment. If you are sensitive to energy, you should be able to sense when people are sad, happy or angry without even looking at their body language.

Everyone has the ability to sense energy

Being sensitive to energy is not that rare. We can usually feel other people’s vibe, but most of us do not know how to differentiate our vibe from other people’s vibe. This is because we have been conditioned to believe that the energy we sense is only our energy or the energy of the environment.

There is a small percentage of people who are very sensitive to energy. These people can easily pick up other people’s energy and emotions. If they are in an area that has a lot of negative energies, it can make them feel very uncomfortable and even slightly sick. People who are sensitive to energy often don’t like to be around big crowds because people’s vibe can make them nervous.

Sensing energy is not that hard. Some of us are natural at it and some of us have a hard time sensing it. If you are not the sensitive type, you can learn how to sense energy by doing the exercise below. This exercise can also help improve your natural energy sensing ability. Please be aware that this technique is very basic. To strengthen your energy sensing ability, you will need to study advanced energy healing techniques and activate your “junk DNA.”

How to feel and sense energy

1. Take a few deep breaths, relax and clear your mind, and try to sense the energies around you. You may feel a cold, hot or tingly sensation around your body, especially around your palms and fingertips.
  2. Move both of your hands in front of your chest with palms facing each other. Your palms should be about a foot away from each other and about a foot away from your chest.
  3. Imagine that your are holding a balloon, then try to squish the balloon in a fluid-like motion. As you do this, pay attention to the changes in the atmosphere. Your hands may feel cold, hot or tingly. You may also feel a magnetic force pushing and pulling your hands.
  4. Once you are comfortable with this exercise, try sensing energy in different areas, such as the basement, attic or outside. By switching areas, you may notice a change in the vibration of the energy. Certain areas may make your hands feel colder, hotter or tinglier. You may even notice the change in the density of the energy.

When I do this exercise, I usually sense a lot of tingly sensation around my finger tips. My hands also feel warm and I can sense a magnetic type of energy. This magnetic energy tends to push and pull my hands when they are moving slow or standing still.

Are you having a hard time sensing and feeling other people’s energy?

There are many reasons why some people have a hard time sensing energy. One of them is pineal dysfunction. If you are having a hard time sensing other people’s vibe, your pineal gland may no be working as well as it should. The pineal gland has a strong connection to spiritual energy. Many spiritual teachers like to refer to it as the third eye or mind’s eye. This small gland at the center of the brain is believed to have the ability to see both physically and intuitively.

When people say they see energy, they are seeing it through their third eye. These people are often referred to as clairvoyance. If you want to strengthen your energy sensing ability, you need to learn how to stimulate your pineal gland and protect it from harmful chemicals, such as sodium fluoride. Sodium fluoride, also known as fluoride, is harmful to your pineal gland because it can calcify it. Eating a lot of junk and processed food can also help calcify the pineal gland.

A great product that can help you decalcify your pineal gland is Green Pasture’s butter oil and fermented cod liver oil. For more tips on how to decalcify your pineal gland, read this informative article titled Calcified Pineal Gland: How to Decalcify It.

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Energy Healing

1. sarmed says:

:lol: AWSOME! energy sensing

2. jaminson says:

Although I believe that with much practise (and i mean alot) you could achieve a way or technique of sensing energy, i do not think that it is as simple as this. And i also know that you can just as easily feel tingling in your hands due to the fact the blood is falling away as you hold them up (especially in your fingertips), and that the mind is very open to suggestion so if you imagine a ball of energy you will most likely feel an imaginery ball of energy (magnetic feeling), this small phenomena is namely mild self-hypnotism. By projecting the thought of energy in between your hands that are still you are creating a very high chance that you will at least imagine a feeling between them, if not then you have a weak sense of imagination. Once again though i do not disbelieve… I just sense a little sensationalism from this article.

The technique in this article is a very basic way of experiencing with energy. To be able to effectively sense energy, we will need to study advanced energy healing techniques and practice them a lot.

3. beverly says:

I am one who is a sensitive. It doesn’t take much for me to sense someones moods or the energy in a room. It’s helped me in my work because I worked with the elderly and could sense a change in their health. I also can do a thing some people call healing hands. Not on patients because I could get in trouble and that’s a no,no but with friends, family , or co-workers. I can take my hands over someones body and I can pinpoint where they are having pain. What they feel sometimes is heat or needle like feeling over the area where my hands are. I know this cause I will asked them if they feel heat or a tingle in a area and they will point to the area where my hands are. When I feel that the pain has released then I move away and most of the time the pain is gone. That’s fun because the reaction they have is, How’d you do that or that is freaky.
    I also can feel negative energy in a room and I don’t like this part of the gift because if the negative energy is strong it makes me nauseous and I have to leave the area. But then sometimes I feel tingling in my mouth. The best I can describe it is putting aluminum foil in your mouth with a mouth full of fillings. All I have to do is take a couple of deep breaths and I can feel what a lot of people can’t.
    Putting this on the web is out of my norm because people can be harsh to others on what they don’t understand. But this is real. People do have gifts like or similar to what I have.

• S says:

It is also good to talk about such things because then others can find solace in knowing others experience similar things; you are right in that people can be judgmental so all the more reason to find others who understand. Thank you for sharing your experience.

• Roz says:

Hello there, I understand exactly what you experience. I can often feel when someone is depressed or feeling down just by sitting next to them. It feels like they are sucking my energy out and sometimes I feel sick to my stomach. Are there any techniques that you use to deal with it when you aren’t able to leave their presence? I feel as if I somehow have to say or do something to help them but I don’t want to always take on so much responsibility especially when it is a stranger.

• tt says:

I feel it but can’t control it

4. Tatyana says:

its vary interesting that i found this article because iv always been interested in this idea but have never really understood, or even knew if other people could relate. ever since i was young i have notest that i could somehow i don’t know, seance if someone or something would enter a room even before they came into the room. i hope this doesn’t sound weird in any way, im just interested if there is someone else that have found or notest they were good at the same thing. i have in the past when i was young and now, not as much, but when i have to. i can track or sense out were one person or animal is as long as i had some kind of connection to it, like my cat when it gets lost or runs off into the woods in pitch darkness, i can find exactly the spot that its in even if i cant see it. or a friend or family member in crowded/ loud/ dark locations like clubs, air ports, malls or other places where i have no vision of where that person is, i just felt like i fallowed an energy that i connected to. its interesting to know if people know about this, if it something that everyone has and needs to be developed into a better sense like the article says that every person has this energy around them and that people have to just learn to read it.

5. Marija says:

Hi! Few weeks ago my roommate told me that when I braid her hair she feels some kind of energy where my hands are even when I`m not touching her. I was curious and I googed energy and qi or chi and did a little research. I meditated and did some exercises and I can feel energy in my hands. I even tried some exercises on my roommate and she told me that she doesn`t feel like she is receiving energy from me but she feels like I`m taking the energy from her, but she described it like a good thing. Sometimes I`m in my meditation mood and I run my hand over her spine and neck without me touching her and she tells me she can feel my every move. I would like to deepen my knowledge about this matter and I would like if you can suggest me some websites or books so I can practice. Thank you!

• Nat says:

Marija, have you perhaps looked into Reiki, or Energy healing? I would guess that you have the capacity to absorb energies to heal others, which is very special – but be careful of practising it without proper training, as you can absorb negative energies without knowing how to protect yourself from them, which can have an adverse affect on you – you unknowingly ‘take the negatives on’. Qualified Reiki masters in your area may be able to help you, good luck!