Being overweight can make life hard because it can drain you of energy and destroy your health. For some of us, losing weight is easy because we have a very high metabolism. Most of us are not that lucky so losing weight can be a challenge. Losing weight can be hard but it is not impossible when we are given the right knowledge. Unfortunately, many of us who want to lose weight are given little information on how to effectively lose weight.
Many health experts who claim they can easily help us lose weight do not understand this process enough. Therefore, their advises can be misleading which can lead to failure. There are many reasons why losing weight can be hard but if you are dedicated, persistence and given effective knowledge, losing weight will become easier.
Ten tips to help you lose weight
- Insulin: A hormone that is produced by the pancreas. During eating, insulin is secreted into the bloodstream as a response for the increase of blood sugar (glucose) in the body. Insulin helps keep blood sugar at a safe level. Insulin plays an important role for weight gain because it helps store excess blood sugar as fat. This usually happens when there is a spike in blood sugar level. When it comes to weight gain, having too much insulin is bad because it prevents the body from burning excess fats. Foods that are high in glycemic index are great for causing spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels. Please visit this page for a list of foods that are high in glycemic index.
- Glucagon: A hormone that is produced by the pancreas. It is found mostly in the liver and muscle tissues. According to researchers, the maximum level that the human body can store glucose is about 400 grams or about 1,600 calories. Once your body reaches this maximum level, it cannot stored anymore glucose. Hence, the excess glucose will be converted into fat by the hormone insulin. High carbohydrate diets are very effective at filling up your glucose reserve. Therefore, eating a lot of carbohydrates can lead to weight gain, especially the simple carbohydrates (junk food).
- Vitamins and minerals: These nutrients are essential for losing weight because they are needed for proper metabolism. One of the most important nutrients for boosting metabolism is magnesium. Magnesium is important for the synthesis of protein, transmit of nerve signals and utilization of fats, proteins and carbohydrates. Because of the popularity of fast food and junk food, and bad agriculture practices, magnesium deficiency is becoming a common problem. The lack of magnesium can contribute to lower metabolism because it plays an important role for converting food into energy. If you are planning to purchase vitamins and minerals to help boost your metabolism, make sure you buy the natural high quality versions. One of the best places to purchase natural high quality vitamins and minerals is Live Superfoods. Look for the ones that are extracted from natural, organic or whole food sources.
- Thyroid: The main gland that controls metabolism is the thyroid gland. If you have thyroid problems, your body will have a harder time turning glucose into energy. To keep your thyroid healthy, avoid eating junk food and fast food. Environmental toxins such as aluminum and mercury, may also decrease thyroid functions. You may want to go on a detox program to help eliminate environmental toxins.
- Be active: Being physically active is important for losing weight because it keeps your body running efficiently. When you become less active, in the long run all the systems of your body slows down and you burn less calories. This increases your chance of having excess glucose in your body. Because your body does not like to waste energy, the excess glucose will be stored as fat for later use.
- Fruits and vegetables: These natural foods are full of enzymes, antioxidants and nutrients to keep your body running at its peak. Many of the nutrients found in fruits and vegetables are essential for metabolism. Organic fruits and vegetables are healthier than conventional fruits and vegetables because they are not sprayed with harmful synthetic chemicals. Try eating the organic versions and if possible do not cook them. Cooking fruits and vegetables will destroy many of their essential nutrients.
- Metabolism: The process when your body converts food and nutrient into energy is called metabolism. This process is very complex because it involves thousands of chemical reactions to produce energy. How many calories your body can burn depends on your basal metabolic rate (BMR), insulin and enzyme levels, muscle mass and how much you exercise. The organ that mainly controls your metabolism is your thyroid gland. The type of food you eat, your activity level and life style play important roles for the health of your metabolism.
- Carbohydrates: This nutrient is your body’s main source of energy because it is easily converted into blood sugar (glucose). Avoid eating simple carbohydrates, such as junk food and fast food, because they cause spikes in your blood sugar levels. Instead, eat complex carbohydrates such as wheat bread, fruits, vegetables, barley, oatmeal, brown rice and wholegrain cereals.
- Hormones: This natural chemical plays an important role for regulating many chemical reactions in the body, including the utilization of fats, proteins and carbohydrates. As you age, the various hormonal levels in your body become imbalanced, making it harder for you to lose weight. To help bring your hormones closer to a balance state, you need exercise more, detox your body of heavy metals and eat mostly organic food.
- Energy balance: The source of all health problems start at the energetic level before they are manifested into physical symptoms. If your overall energy is balanced, your body can utilize energy more effectively. This can help you lose weight. To help bring your energy back into a more balance state, think more positively. In addition, visit an energy healing expert so s/he can help release energy blockages in your body.
For more great tips on how to lose weight permanently, please check out my book Natural Weight Loss Secrets: A Quick Guide to Losing Weight Permanently. To preview or buy my book please visit my bookstore. For instant access, my book is also available for purchase as a downloadable ebook through Amazon. Another place you can buy my book is at Barnes&Noble or call your local bookstore to see if it is available.
Category: Physical Energy