Being overweight can make life hard, because it can drain you of energy and destroy your health. For some of us, losing weight is easy, because we have a very high metabolism. Most of us are not that lucky, so losing weight can be a challenge. Losing weight can be hard but not impossible when we are given the right knowledge. Unfortunately, many of us who want to lose weight are given little information on how to effectively do it.
Many health experts who claim they can easily help us lose weight do not understand this process enough. Therefore, their advice can be misleading which can lead to failure. There are many reasons why losing weight can be hard but if you are dedicated, persistence and given effective knowledge, losing weight will become easier.
Ten tips to help you lose weight
- Insulin: A hormone that is produced by the pancreas. During eating, insulin is secreted into the bloodstream as a response for the increase of blood sugar (glucose) in the body. Insulin helps keep blood sugar at a safe level. It plays an important role for weight gain, because it helps store excess blood sugar as fat. This usually happens when there is a spike in blood sugar level. When it comes to weight gain, having too much insulin is bad as it prevents the body from burning excess fats. Foods that are high in glycemic index are great for causing spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels. Visit this page for a list of foods that are high in glycemic index.
- Glucagon: A hormone that is produced by the pancreas. It is found mostly in the liver and muscle tissues. According to researchers, the maximum level that the human body can store glucose is about 400 grams or about 1,600 calories. Once your body reaches this maximum level, it cannot store anymore glucose. Hence, the excess glucose will be converted into fat by the hormone insulin. High carbohydrate diets are very effective at filling up your glucose reserve. Therefore, eating a lot of carbohydrates can lead to weight gain, especially the simple carbohydrates (junk food).
- Vitamins and minerals: These nutrients are essential for losing weight because they are needed for proper metabolism. One of the most important nutrients for boosting metabolism is magnesium. Magnesium is important for the synthesis of protein, transmission of nerve signals, and utilization of fats, proteins and carbohydrates. Because of the popularity of fast food, junk food and bad agriculture practices, magnesium deficiency is becoming a common problem. The lack of magnesium can contribute to lower metabolism, because it plays an important role for converting food into energy. If you are planning to purchase vitamins and minerals to help boost your metabolism, make sure you buy the natural high quality versions. One of the best places to purchase natural high quality vitamins and minerals is at this online store. Look for the ones that are extracted from natural, organic or whole food sources.
- Thyroid: The main gland that controls metabolism is the thyroid gland. If you have thyroid problems, your body will have a harder time turning glucose into energy. To keep your thyroid healthy, avoid eating junk food and fast food. Environmental toxins such as aluminum and mercury, may also decrease thyroid functions. You may want to go on a detox program to help eliminate environmental toxins.
- Be active: Being physically active is important for losing weight because it keeps your body running efficiently. When you become less active, in the long run all the systems of your body slows down and you burn less calories. This increases your chance of having excess glucose in your body. Because your body does not like to waste energy, the excess glucose will be stored as fat for later use.
- Fruits and vegetables: These natural foods are full of enzymes, antioxidants and nutrients to keep your body running at its peak. Many of the nutrients found in fruits and vegetables are essential for metabolism. Organic fruits and vegetables are healthier than conventional fruits and vegetables, because they are not sprayed with harmful synthetic chemicals. Try eating the organic versions and if possible do not cook them. Cooking fruits and vegetables will destroy many of their essential nutrients.
- Metabolism: The process when your body converts food and nutrient into energy is called metabolism. This process is very complex, because it involves thousands of chemical reactions to produce energy. How many calories your body can burn depends on your basal metabolic rate (BMR), insulin and enzyme levels, muscle mass and how much you exercise. The organ that mainly controls your metabolism is your thyroid gland. The type of food you eat, your activity level and life style play important roles for the health of your metabolism.
- Carbohydrates: This nutrient is your body’s main source of energy, because it is easily converted into blood sugar (glucose). Avoid eating simple carbohydrates, such as junk food and fast food, because they cause spikes in your blood sugar levels. Instead, eat complex carbohydrates such as wheat bread, fruits, vegetables, barley, oatmeal, brown rice and wholegrain cereals.
- Hormones: This natural chemical plays an important role for regulating many chemical reactions in the body, including the utilization of fats, proteins and carbohydrates. As you age, the various hormonal levels in your body become imbalanced, making it harder for you to lose weight. To help bring your hormones closer to a balanced state, you need to exercise more, detox your body of heavy metals and eat mostly organic food.
- Energy balance: The source of all health problems start at the energetic level before they are manifested into physical symptoms. If your overall energy is balanced, your body can utilize energy more effectively. This can help you lose weight. To help bring your energy back into a more balanced state, think more positively. In addition, visit an energy healing expert so s/he can help release energy blockages in your body.
Donate to Help Make a DifferenceEnergyFanatics.com is a true independent blog because it is not financed and controlled by banksters. If you like reading the articles on this site, please take action now by clicking the "Donate" button below to send a donation to the author/editor. Your generous support will help fund his research and expenses, allowing him to continue his quest to educate and teach people to create a better world for everyone.
Category: Weight Loss & Obesity