Myasthenia gravis is a common autoimmune disease that affects the neuromuscular junction. It usually affects women earlier than men. Women who are affected by myasthenia gravis usually get the disease in their 30s while men usually don’t get it until their 50s. This autoimmune disease causes the body’s antibodies to attack acetylcholine receptors which are needed for muscle contraction. As more and more acetylcholine receptors are destroyed, muscle becomes weaker which causes movement problems.
People with myasthenia gravis may have a hard time holding up their heads, carrying things, smiling, speaking, chewing and swallowing food, breathing and some may experience drooping of the eyelids. In severe cases myasthenia gravis can lead to paralysis.
Natural treatments for myasthenia gravis:
- Flaxseed oil: Improves muscle integrity and is beneficial for skin, heart, joint and circulatory health. Nutritionists recommend taking 3 tbsp daily.
- Plant sterols and sterolins: Help reduce autoimmune response and inflammation. Nutritionists recommend taking 1 capsule 3 times daily.
- Phosphatidyl choline: Increases the production of acetylcholine which is important for muscle functions. Nutritionists recommend taking 1,000-1,500 mg twice daily.
- Vitamin B12: Helps protect nerves and is needed for DNA replication, normal gene function and energy production. Nutritionists recommend taking 1,000 mcg daily.
- Fish oil: Helps relieve inflammatory symptoms. Make sure the fish oil is rich in EPA/DHA. Nutritionists recommend taking 3 capsules 3 times daily.
- Avoid taking immune boosters because they can increase the severity of myasthenia gravis.
- Exercise regularly will help prevent muscle atrophy and is also beneficial for autoimmune disorders.
- Eat more organic plant-based foods because they are full of essential nutrients and contain less environmental toxins.
- Avoid smoking cigarette because it contains cadmium, arsenic and lead. These toxins may increase the severity of myasthenia gravis.
- Avoid vaccine as much as possible because it contains harmful preservatives, such as metallic aluminum and mercury. These toxins are very toxic to nerves.
- Avoid using D-penicillamine because studies have shown that it can cause myasthenia gravis-like symptoms.
Category: Physical Energy