What are neurotoxins? The English dictionary defines neurotoxins as “substances that interfere with the electrical activities of nerves, thus preventing them from functioning.”
How neurotoxins destroy nerve cells
Neurotoxins are substances that interact with nerve cells by overstimulating them to death or interrupting their communication process. This process is harmful to nerve cells, because it can fry them or interfere with their natural chemical process.
Studies have shown that neurotoxins can shorten the life span of nerve cells. These toxins have been linked to brain disorders and neurodegenerative disease, such as Alzheimer’s, Huntington’s Chorea and Parkinson’s.
The availability of neurotoxins has increased dramatically within the last few decades. Many of these neurotoxins are found in the food we eat and water we drink. Even worse, they are also found in baby food.
Neurotoxins in food
If you have a new born or kids, you may want to pay close attention to the ten neurotoxins listed below. Kids are the most vulnerable to neurotoxins, because their body is still developing. Most food products that contain neurotoxins have them listed on their ingredients list. Processed foods, such as chips and candy are often loaded with neurotoxins. If you find a food or drink that contains the neurotoxins listed below, you should avoid consuming it.
A list of ten neurotoxins to avoid
- Aspartame (also known as Equal, AminoSweet, NutraSweet, Spoonful): Very common in sugar-free food products, especially sugar-free gums and drinks. Most aspartame is made from the fecal matter of genetically modified bacteria. Studies have linked aspartame to diabetes, migraines, kidney failure, seizures, blindness, obesity, neurological disorders, mental illness and brain tumors.
- Monosodium glutamate (also known as sodium glutamate, MSG): Very common in chips, canned food, baby food and other junk food. Independent researchers believe that MSG plays an important role in neurodegenerative brain disease, including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease. The evidence supporting their claim is that MSG destroys neurons in cells, especially brain cells.
- Sucralose (also known as Splenda): An artificial sweetener that is very popular in sugar-free products, especially sugar-free drinks. Sucralose was accidentally discovered while doing research to create a new insecticide, which is why some researchers suggested that sucralose should be listed in the insecticide category. This neurotoxin is regarded as a chemical cousin to DDT. Sucralose is a chlorinated compound. When the body breaks this type of chlorinated compound, it releases toxic chemicals.
- Aluminum: This type of metal is common in drinking water, over-the-counter antacid and vaccine. Aluminum is hard for the body to absorb, but citrate or citric acid can dramatically increase its absorption. Vaccine is one of the major contributors to aluminum toxicity, because the aluminum is injected directly into the body.
- Mercury: This heavy metal is common in fish products, vaccine and amalgam fillings (also known as silver fillings). Mercury can be found in drinking water too. Mercury is one of the most toxic neurotoxins, because it easily destroys brain tissue. For an excellent short video showing how mercury destroys brain tissue, read this article titled How Mercury Destroys the Brain.
- Fluoride (sodium fluoride): This toxin is very common in drinking water and conventional toothpaste. Fluoride was used to kill rats before it was introduced into consumer products. The fluoride used for consumer products is a mixture of many hazardous chemicals. It is known as sodium fluoride, not to be confused with the natural calcium fluoride. This is why there are warning labels on fluoridated toothpaste. For proof that fluoride is a hazardous toxin, read this article.
- Hydrolyzed vegetable protein: This harmful food ingredient is very common in certain junk food. Hydrolyzed vegetable protein contains high concentrations of glutamate and aspartate. In high levels, glutamate and aspartate can stimulate nerve cells to death.
- Calcium caseinate: This toxin is popular in protein supplement, energy bar and junk food. It is harmful to the brain due to its neurotoxic properties.
- Sodium caseinate: This type of protein is common in dairy products and junk food. It has been linked to autism and gastrointestinal problems. Visit this site for more specific information about sodium caseinate and calcium caseinate.
- Yeast extract: A popular food ingredients in many processed food, such as canned food. It is toxic to the brain.
The most common neurotoxin
The most common neurotoxin that people consume on a regular basis is refined sugar or table sugar. Refined sugar may not be as toxic as aspartame, but it is toxic enough to cause significant harm to your body when you consume it on a regular basis.
When you eat a fruit, you are not just ingesting sugar and water, but also synergistic components, such as mineral activators, enzymes, co-vitamin helpers, and fiber. These components have specific roles to play for helping your body to safely and effectively metabolize nutrients.
Without these synergistic components to help your body metabolize sugar safely, certain elements of sugar are broken down into toxic chemicals. The main toxins that are released when your body metabolizes refined sugar are toxic metabolites. These metabolites are great for destroying the respiration process of cells.
If you are looking for a healthier alternative to refined sugar, organic stevia is a very popular alternative.
- Blaylock, Russell L. Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills. Health Press. Santa Fe, NM, 1996.
For more content related to this article, check out these empowering and enlightening books!
Donate to Help Make a DifferenceEnergyFanatics.com is a true independent blog because it is not financed by banksters. If you like reading the articles on this site, please consider sending the author/editor a donation to fund his research and expenses. Your generous support will help him to continue his quest to educate and teach people to create a better future for everyone.