Image provided by Ano Lobb
Sinusitis or sinus infection is a common infection that causes inflammation of the sinuses. Sinusitis can cause headaches, fever, breathing problem, bad breath and nasal congestion. There are many things that can cause sinusitis. The common ones are bacteria, fungi, allergies, dental infection, stress, bad air quality and low immunity. Sinusitis is usually common with allergy, so if you have allergy your chance of getting sinusitis is greater. The most common treatment prescribed by doctors for sinusitis is antibiotic. The problem with antibiotic is that it is not created to work in cooperation with the natural systems of the body. Antibiotic is known to have side effects and has been linked to disrupting the natural cycles of gut flora (good bacteria). One of the worst things antibiotic can do is increase bacteria’s resistant to it or other drugs.
Five natural treatments for sinusitis
- Vitamin C: Helps fight infection. For best result buy vitamin C supplement that comes with bioflavonoids. Nutritionists recommend taking two capsules three times per a day during an acute infection.
- Vitamin A: Helps strengthen immune system and is great for fighting bacterial and viral infections. For best result, buy vitamin A supplement that is extracted from natural sources. Nutritionists recommend taking 100,000 IU daily for about a week during an acute infection. A great place to purchase natural supplement is Live Superfoods. Many of its supplements are extracted from natural or whole food sources. Because of this, it has some of the best supplements on the market.
- Thyroid hormone: Beneficial for reducing inflammation and bringing cells back to their normal energy state. For best results use only the natural complex version. If your thyroid is healthy you should not have to take thyroid hormone. A great way to tell if your thyroid is healthy or not is to do the Barnes Basal Temperature Test.
- Echinacea tincture: Helps fight bacterial and viral infections. Nutritionists recommend adding 10-20 drops of echinacea tincture in a glass of water. Drink it three times daily for 1-2 weeks.
Tips to enhance healing
- Go on an organic raw plant-based food diet for a week or longer. This will help your body detox harmful substances and replenish essential nutrients.
- Avoid food that contained refined sugar, such as junk food and soda. Refined sugar suppresses your immune system.
- Drain your sinuses by applying warm cloth on the sinus area or taking a hot shower.
- Drink at least six glasses of purified water per a day.
- Reduce stress as much as possible because stress can cause chemical imbalances which weakens all the systems of your body.
- Avoid drinking coffee, instead drink hot tea made from rose hips, nettle, red clover or anise.
All links to online stores on this page are affiliate links.
Category: Physical Energy