Most of the consumer products in conventional stores these days contain harmful ingredients that can destroy your health. These harmful ingredients are sometime listed in ways that make them hard to detect. The purpose of this is to prevent you from finding these dangerous ingredients. Many of these harmful ingredients are not lethal because they are not going to kill you right away, but in the long run they can help cause serious health problems, such as diabetes, cancer, sterility, Alzheimer’s and heart disease.
Before you go shopping this weekend make sure you read the list below, because it will help educate you to avoid ten of the most popular consumer products that contain harmful ingredients.
- Fluoride toothpaste: Toothpaste that contains fluoride is dangerous to your health because it is a toxin. Before fluoride was introduced as a cavity fighter, it was used as a rat poison. The health claims about fluoride is very misleading. It does little to prevent tooth decay but does a great job destroying your thyroid gland, metabolism, and increasing your risk of cancer and sterility. Toothpaste that contains toxic ingredients, such as fluoride and sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS), will usually have warning labels on the back of its tube. On the other hand, toothpaste that does not contain toxic ingredients usually has no warning labels. Now, why would fluoride toothpaste manufacturers put warning labels on their product? The main reason is because they know that it is toxic. People have been known to die from swallowing fluoridated toothpaste. A good rule of thumb when buying consumer product is to look for warning labels. If the warning labels tell you information that is life threatening, you should avoid it, especially if it is something that you put in your mouth or on your body.
- Bottled water: According to researchers, about half of the bottled water in the market is filtered tap water. The laws and regulations that govern the bottled water industry are not very specific. As a result, bottled water manufacturers can easily manipulate their labels to mislead consumers. In many cases, chlorine is added to bottled water as a sanitizer to prevent organisms from breeding in the water. Chlorine is not dangerous in small amounts but it still affects your health. Another chemical found in bottled water that may even be more dangerous than chlorine is phthalates. High doses of phthalates have been known to disrupt hormones in rodents, and cause damages to the liver, testes and increase birth defects.
- Chips: This product is one of the most popular consumer products. Chips contain a large variety of harmful synthetic ingredients. One of the most dangerous is monosodium glutamate (MSG). Have you ever wonder why after eating a bag of chips you get headaches? One of the main reasons is because most chips contain MSG which is an excitotoxin. Independent studies have shown a significant relationship toward Alzheimer’s and MSG. In animal studies, the animals that consumed large doses of MSG experienced permanent brain damage due to the destruction of their pyramidal neurons.
- Corn products: Most corn products in the United States, such as corn oil, flour, meal, starch, gluten and syrups are genetically modified. Corn that has been genetically modified is known to produce its own pesticides so insects cannot eat it. Genetic engineering is something that scientists is very poor at doing because they still have little clues to how genes truly work. Many of the studies done on genetically modified food lacked the concrete data to support their claims. Because of scientists immature and naive studies, the consumers are the ones that end up suffering from health problems. To avoid genetically modified corn products only buy the ones that are labeled non-GMO or organic.
- Ice cream: Most ice creams found in conventional stores are full of harmful synthetic chemicals. Three of the most popular synthetic chemicals found in ice cream are acetiel C17, benzyl acetate and pepernial. Acetiel C17 is an aniline dye that is used in the manufacture of plastic, rubber and pharmaceuticals. It is used to mimic the cherry flavor in ice cream. Benzyl Acetate is a nitrate solvent that is widely used as artificial strawberry flavoring. Pepernial is a chemical that is popular for killing lice. Pepernial is used in ice cream to mimic the vanilla flavor
Category: Physical Energy