Image provided by Avi
Water is one of the most important elements for life to exist. This is why your body is mostly made of water and why it is found in abundance throughout most of the world. Water is essential for your survival because your organs and cells need it to function. Water is needed to help transport nutrients and oxygen to cells, giving cells the energy needed to fight diseases. Water also allows cells to communicate because it acts like a conductor that allows electrical impulses to travel from one cell to another.
Three Reasons Why You Should Install a Water Purification System
- Natural ground water and drinking water are usually contaminated with certain natural impurities, such as nitrate, radon and arsenic. A good portion of drinking water is also contaminated with bacteria. Consuming high levels of these natural impurities can cause negative effects on your health. Human-made contaminants, such as pesticides, herbicides, lead, pharmaceutical drugs, industrial solvents and toxic waste are also contaminating water systems in dangerous levels. One of the worst toxins is a chemical called fluorosilicic acid which is a waste product of the phosphate fertilizer industry. High consumption of these toxins can cause major health problems, such as birth defects and cancer. Most of the water treatment facilities in the United States and many other countries are nearly a century old and they need to be upgraded in order to filter out new contaminants; therefore, if you drink a lot of unfiltered tap water, you are putting yourself at a high risk of consuming these contaminants.
- Some of us like to drink bottled water instead of tap water because we think it is cleaner or healthier. This is a misconception that can harm our health. Most bottled waters sold in stores are not that much better than the water you drink from your faucet. The bottled water industry is usually self-regulated and government standards are not very strict. Because of these features, the bottled water industry can easily manipulate its labels just like how the food industry can manipulate its labels. In many cases, chlorine is added to bottled waters as a sanitizer to prevent the growth of micro-organisms. Chlorine is not dangerous in small amounts but it still affects your health and may cause health problems in the future. Other harmful chemicals found in bottled water are phthalates and BPA. These toxic chemicals are found in most plastic containers. Because bottled water is stored in plastic containers, overtime phthalates and BPA can leak into the water. High doses of phthalates have been known to disrupt hormones in rodents causing damages to the liver, testes and birth defects.
- If you live in the United States, most of its water treatment facilities add fluoride in their water. Before fluoride was used for treating drinking water, it was used as a rat poison. This is why when you purchase pure fluoride or fluoridated toothpaste, there are warning labels on them. Pure fluoride is so toxic that consuming even a small amount of it can kill you. The thyroid gland is one of the organs that is very sensitive to fluoride. This gland is needed for proper immunity and metabolism, and for controlling certain hormones. If you think fluoride is not hazardous, you may want to watch this short video because it exposes the hidden danger of fluoride.
Most home water purification systems on the market do a good job removing most natural impurities and human-made contaminants but they do a poor job removing fluoride and arsenic. In order to effectively remove fluoride and arsenic, you will need to use a special filter called activated alumina (AAL) or use a reverse osmosis water purification system. A great water purification system you should check out is the Berkey Water Purification System.
- Drinking Water Health Hazard Part 1
- What Is Fluoride? Hidden Camera Exposes the Toxic Chemicals in Fluoride
Category: Physical Energy