Image provided by Quinn Dombrowski
This is a guest post written by Kandice Linwright.
High blood pressure, or hypertension, affects one in four adults in the U.S. and is responsible for myriad health problems that come right along with it. It increases your risk of heart disease and stroke; risk factors for high blood pressure include obesity, smoking, poor diet and genetics. It is often referred to as the “silent killer” because people can go many years suffering from hypertension without even knowing it.
While there are sometimes symptoms (which include headaches, blurred vision and fatigue), many people don’t experience any of the aforementioned issues and therefore don’t know they even need to be treated. There are a number of ways to combat this health issue, including prescription medications and arginine supplements, to get blood pressure down to normal ranges, which can contribute towards leading a healthier overall lifestyle.
For some, the thought of taking prescription medication to combat high blood pressure is a negative. While prescription medication can help, there are natural remedies as well. For those that avoid prescription meds, reasons include a lack of willingness to endure the wide array of side effects that can come along with taking these medications.
Side effects might include dizziness, fatigue, nausea, restlessness, drowsiness, headaches, spotted/blurred vision, to name a few. For others, the side effects are more significant, enough to interrupt their day-to-day routine. Individuals worried about the side effects of prescription medications for high blood pressure may often pursue more natural methods to lower their numbers and get healthier. Arginine supplements are one way to do so; however, consider a few other natural ways to get healthier, feel better and lower blood pressure:
- Take supplements: Specifically, arginine supplements help to lower blood pressure by increasing the flow of blood circulation in the body in general and around the heart in particular. These supplements also come with a wide array of other health benefits, from better immune function to more energy to weight loss and beyond. As always, before entering a new supplement into your regimen, talk with your doctor, particularly if you are taking prescription medication to lower your blood pressure. Arginine is naturally occurring in food as well, so taking a supplement, plus eating a diet rich in arginine will help to increase levels of this essential amino acid in your body.
- Exercise: This is one of the best natural ways to lower blood pressure because it reinforces your heart and helps to make it stronger. Walking or some form of cardiovascular exercise at least three times a week will go a long way towards becoming healthier in general and lowering your blood pressure.
- Drink more water: Replace sugary drinks and calorie-laden sodas with water to decrease the amount of caloric consumption each day and increase the presence of water in your system. Water flushes out toxins and other unhealthy additions to your body and creates a general sense of better well-being.
- Lose weight: The healthier a weight you are, the lower your blood pressure will be. This has to do with the load on your heart; excess weight makes your heart work just that much harder, whereas losing a few pounds won’t strain it as much, in turn bringing down your blood pressure.
- Eat better: Better nutrition can help you to be healthier and lower blood pressure, particularly if you are eating a diet lower in sodium, which can cause blood pressure numbers to rise quickly. Incorporate more fresh fruits and veggies into your diet, avoid processed foods like the plague and eat fats and other sweet treats in moderation to ensure a balanced diet each day. This is a natural way to get your pressure lower, faster.
- Lower stress: The less stress you have to deal with, the less your blood pressure will spike at various points throughout the day. In addition to taking arginine supplements, relaxation techniques can lower stress and help you to feel calmer.
For those battling genetics and family history, lowering pressure is a bit more of an uphill battle, but it can be done, particularly with the use of arginine supplements. Lowering those numbers may be the key to saving your own life and will ultimately lead towards a daily feeling of more energy and better well-being overall.
The content in this article is solely the expression of the author of this article. By publishing this article does not mean that EnergyFanatics.com agrees with everything in it.
- Statins, Diabetes Risk and Lowering Cholesterol Naturally
- What Is Heart Disease? The Hidden Facts That Can Save Your Life
Category: Natural Medicines and Remedies